If you've wondered about the costs and benefits of printing with a professional print lab vs. printing on your own or with a consumer print labs such as Costco, CVS, Target, Walgreens, or Walmart, you're not alone. Join me on Tuesday October 17, 2017, 7:30 p.m. for Montgomery County Camera Club of Maryland's October meeting held at Artists and Makers Studios 2 in Rockville for an important discussion and some great give aways! You need not be a member of the club to attend, but you will need to RSVP!
There's something to be said for being mindful of the purse, but when it comes to the final step in your photographic work - the physical production - it makes sense that you would invest equally to any other step in the process from the planning of location, time, angle, lens choice, lighting, exposure choices, and post production.
In addition to my discussion of the benefits of working with a professional print lab, I'll be presenting information on the various printing services and products my photo lab of choice, Bay Photo Lab, provides to its customers. I'll have handouts for you including photo paper surfaces & textures swatchbook, a press printed swatchbook, product samples, Bay Photo Lab prints and consumer lab prints of the very same image so that you can hold them in your own hands and examine them for yourself, and to sweeten the deal a 25% first time customer discount code that I'll reveal there and three product give-aways including a 6x6 Acrylic Block (valued up to $52), a 16x24 Xpozer (a value up to $54), and a 16x24 Gallery Wrap Giclée Fine Art Canvas with Satin or Glossy Laminate and your choice of 6 border options (a value up to $120.00).
To be eligible for these great prizes you'll need to be present. If you're in the Washington, DC Metro area sign up for the event today by clicking here to ensure your spot!
Handouts for all attendees
1. Photo paper samples
2. Press printed paper samples
For first time Bay Photo UsersSpecial link provided for 25% off first order.
Give-Away Certificates (must be present to win)
1. Acrylic Block
2. 16x24 Xpozer Print
3. 16x24 Giclee Gallery Wrap
1. Eight 8x10 Bay Photo Lab print samples of a single image showcasing different photographic papers and textures for an "apples-to-apples" comparison, as well as samples from 4 different common retail labs that will allow you to compare quality and available options between pro & retail labs. Bay Photo Lab photo paper samples will include: Kodak ENDURA Lustre "E" (no texture, canvas, pebble, and linen textures), Kodak ENDURA Glossy "F", Kodak ENDURA Metallic, Fuji Pearl, and Fuji Deep Matte Velvet.
2. Different mounting materials (2mm Styrene & Gatorfoam)
3. 11x14 BayBook
4. 11x14 canvas 1.5” wrap
5. 12x18 Double Float MetalPrint framed
6. 12x18 MetalPrint unframed
7. 8x12 Maple Wood Print
8. 16x24 Xposer & Revolutionary Patented Hanging System
9. 6x6 Acrylic Block
9. 12x18 Metal Float Print
Bay Photo Lab has a long history of innovative photographic printing and photo finishing services The company was founded in 1976 with the purpose of providing photographers with the finest possible services. Bay Photo has kept that promise by changing and adapting with the photo industry. At the beginning of the digital era, Bay Photo was the first lab to implement the ROES online ordering system—now a standard for pro labs. Also, Bay Photo Lab is a Green Certified Business. Bay Photo Lab received the Green Business Certification Award "For Exceeding Environmental Regulatory Requirements, Preventing Pollution, and Conserving Natural Resources!"